Department:Credit and Legal Services
Purpose: To manage risk on debt review, rescheduling and suspensions in relation to the NCR conditions.To manage the risk on sequestrations, engaging with Liquidators/ Trustees in respect of claims against estate, administration orders in terms of the Magistrates Court Act and Debt Review, rescheduling and suspensions, according to NCR requirements.
- Monitor and manage risk with regards to debt review, debt suspension and rescheduling in line with NCR requirements
- Ensure that queries and requests from debt counsellors are processed timely and any changes captured on the system
- Identify and refer problematic issues to management and attorneys in a timely manner.
- Manage Risk associated with sequestration and administration in terms of the Insolvency Act, NCR and South African courts.
- Engage with Trustees of insolvent estate throughout process of winding of estate until final dividends received
- Manage risk associated with administration orders.
- Matters w.r.t. sequestration and administration orders are referred to attorneys when applicable
- Review and maintain specialised collections policies and procedures (debt review, sequestration and administration) and ensure they are in line with NCR requirements
- Ensure continuous process efficiency and business procedure optimization
- Management and control of electronic and manual filing systems
- Manage and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships (eg with pre-legal team, debt counsellors, attorneys and other related third parties)
- Portfolio Analysis and Arrear Management in debt review, debt re-scheduling and/or restructuring, sequestration and Administration
- Management reporting monthly and as when required
- Manage and supervise specialised collections team to meet performance targets.
- Diploma or degree in Business Administration, Law, Credit Management or equivalent
- Certificate in Debt Counselling is an advantage
- Certificate in Insolvency is an advantage
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- 5 years experience within a banking environment in debt collection, debt review, sequestration and administration
- 3 years of these on management level
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exposure to and sound understanding of legal principles
- Multilingual, including English
- Attention to detail
- Financial and business acumen
- Customer relationship management and
- Managerial and leadership skills