Provide high-level personal assistance and administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer and General Manager: Human Resources. This includes handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls, information requests, general office administration, preparing basic reports, performing clerical functions such as filing, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, arranging conference calls and handling administrative activities relating to Human Resources Management functions.
- Perform secretarial duties for executive managers.
- Compiling and distribution of documents and reports for presentation to/by executive managers in meetings.
- Manage and maintain diaries for the executive managers.
- Coordinate meetings including compiling agendas, booking venues, catering and travelling arrangements for executive managers and other participants.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentations and other documents using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other related software.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Maintain accurate and updated filing systems.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Answer and make phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence including faxes and emails.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Perform general administrative tasks relating to Human Resources Management activities.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Kitchen Assistant.
- Matric Certificate
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with special emphasis on advanced knowledge and understanding of MS Word)
- Valid drivers license
- Administration/Secretarial National Certificate (recommended)
- 5 years experience of secretarial / personal assistant duties, preferably on executive management level
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Excellent people skills, e.g. networking and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-articulated, professional and presentable appearance and behaviour