Department:Credit and Legal Services
In support of our transformation strategy, preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups.
The Enterprise Risk Manager provides an end-to-end Combined Assurance to the organisation including Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Occupational Health and Safety and any other oversight (excluding Internal Audit) that may be required. The function is responsible for the developing, maintaining, managing and executing of a comprehensive process for identifying, monitoring and reporting on risks that may impact organisational performance. This role is also responsible for overall Enterprise Combined Assurance policies, procedures, guidelines, training and implementation.
- Contribute to the implementation of the overall corporate strategy.
- Develop, implement and maintain an enterprise risk management framework, methodologies and supporting policies and procedures, including assurance in respect of its implementation based on ISO 31000 standards and principles.
- Provides complete risk and assurance administration.
- Develop and implement a strategic enterprise risk management plan,
- Develop, implement and maintain a business continuity management framework, methodology and supporting policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the development of a business continuity management plan by providing support to other functional areas in the business in the development of their business risk- and business continuity management plans.
- Educate, interrogate and validate all business areas and area risk/business continuity management plans.
- Facilitate the development of risk response strategies (mitigation plans).
- Develop and implement risk assessment methodologies, models and systems and facilitate the identification of risks, utilising appropriate tools and techniques.
- Facilitate the assessment of identified risks and the compilation of strategic and operational risk registers.
- Follow up on open risk mitigation activities.
- Co-ordinate and administrate the activities of the Iemas Executive Risk Management Committee.
- Develop and submit risk management and combined assurance reporting to the Iemas Risk Management Committee and Risk Committee of the Board.
- Establish and maintain a risk management culture and plan, develop and implement risk awareness communication and training in the organisation.
- Co-ordinate risk management with assurance providers and report risk related matters to relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain good stakeholder relationships.
- Matric Certificate
- Diploma or Degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance (essential/ minimum);
- Post-graduate Degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance (recommended);
- Registration with the Risk Management Institute of South Africa (RMISA) (recommended);
- Valid drivers license.
- 5 8 years operational experience in Enterprise Risk Management (minimum/ essential), preferably in the financial services industry.
- 10 15 years operational experience in compliance (minimum/essential)
- 5 8 years general managerial experience (recommended)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of the financial services industry and related risks.
- Technical knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory frameworks, including enterprise risk management principles and methodologies, Combined Assurance, corporate governance and accountability, internal control and assurance.
- Understanding of the requirements of business continuity.
- Verbal and written English proficiency.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Results-driven and problem-solving oriented.
- Good people skills and ability to plan, organise, lead and control people and activities.
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, articulate, collaborative, mature and confident.