Responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of Business Intelligence Technology environments. Responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of Master Data Services. Assists in the development of scripts for standard and non-standard database data interchange.
- Business Intelligence and Master Data Design
- Assist with identifying BI/MDS requirements;
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and provide recommendations on integration within systems and best practices.
- Establish and enforce standards and architectures for the BI and DW/H environment
- provide technical guidance for development and ongoing support of the BI and DW/H environment.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Facilitate BI and MDS learning sessions for stakeholders and advise on the most efficient designs.
- Conducts data quality initiative to rid system of old, unused, or duplicate data.
- Renews object and data models and the metadata reporting, to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Manage data models and metadata in complex and dynamic enterprise environments
- Plan and execute performance tests of physical data base designs.
- Supports BI and MDS functions by designing and coding utilities
- Monitor and troubleshoot BI and MDS performance
- Coordinate allocation of storage and forecast storage usage.
- Support business by timely responding to queries and complains with regards to BI and MDS, issues.
- MCSE an advantage
- Diploma IT or equivalent qualification an advantage
- ITIL certification an advantage
- License: Valid Driver's License
5 years Experience in database programming- T-SQL
3 years experience in the following:
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Business Intelligence
- Data cubes and warehousing using SQL Server
- Data Quality concepts such as Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Stewardship
- Enterprise data warehouse environment, which includes data design, data integration, database architecture, and metadata.
- Data modelling (de-normalization, Star Schema, Snowflake) and
- Database design, development, implementation and configuration
- Developing / use ETL tools
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of business processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Project Management
- Attention to detail