Provide financial management, analysis and reporting support to Iemas Financial Services (Iemas) and the Financing Business Unit (FBU) by ensuring application of sound financial practices, policies and accounting processes. Comply with all legislative and corporate governance requirements in terms of financial statements and reporting. Formulate and implement effective financial procedures in alignment with the financial strategy of the Iemas Group that will ensure financial sustainability of Iemas Financial Services and the Financing Business Unit. Assist the Head of the Business Unit with strategic planning, budgeting and variance analysis of operations. Contribute to continuous improvement within the operations of Iemas Financial Services and the Financing Business Unit.
- Compile and integrate regional and FBU / Iemas budgets in a presentable format (system) for executive management.
- Do forecasts on budgeted figures.
- Provide Management Information and Business Intelligence as required.
- Ensure a sound and effective accounting systems in Iemas / FBU.
- Manage and oversee general ledger reconciliations, focus on Employer Group payroll deduction and payment allocations and reconciliations.
- Monthly financial reporting to the management team and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop financial models including commission models, profitability and break-even models, where required.
- Develop product cost analysis.
- Manage operation ratios and exposures in the FBU.
- BCom (Honors) in Accounting /CIMA
- Registered Chartered Accountant (SAICA) will be a strong recommendation
- Valid driver's license
- 2 - 5 years experience in Banking/Financial Services of which 3 years should have been in a managerial capacity.
- 2 - 5 years experience in drafting of Annual Financial Statements
- 3 - 5 years experience in Cost Analysis and Forecasting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Drafting of financial statements
- Financial analysis
- Financial reporting
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance legislation
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Cross boundary / strategic thinking
- Information search
- Results driven
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and people management skills